To be a tutor in the Theta Omega Inc. Men of Quality Leadership Academy you must first fill out a program application. If your application is successfully approved, you will have a face-to-face interview. Once successfully in the program you will meet with our staff to receive an overview of the organization to be acclimated. You must be willing to tutor for a certain number of hours in a day/week while serving as a role model and assisting students to achieve his goals.
Tutors should have a well diverse academic background that can assist in all subject areas; however, we are looking for tutors that are strong in math and science.
The program participants are males in high school; residents of the Louisville
Metropolitan area; and who are currently enrolled in a public, or private school in the Jefferson County area.
If you love your field and want to share your knowledge and are passionate about any of the following subjects, such as Math, Science, English, and History, please complete the following application.
What does tutoring with Men of Quality involve?
- Working with students to provide homework help and tutoring in the subjects for which you have demonstrated expertise.
- Guiding students to understand the topics they bring to each tutoring session.
- Encouraging students to engage actively with their topics to build deeper understanding.
- Helping build student confidence in their ability to learn and to understand challenging concepts.
Changing lives, one at a time.
Am I qualified to become a tutor?
You want to tutor with the best. Excellent! If you can check “yes” to the following requirements, you are on your way to qualifying to become a tutor:
- Currently reside in the Louisville Metro area;
- Have a valid Social Security Number;
- Are you an expert in your subject area;
- Possess strong oral and written communication skills;
- Are a college sophomore or higher, or have a degree from an accredited University?